Monday, September 1, 2014

A Controversial Topic

First of all, Happy September 1st! It's getting close to fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and...the MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEARRR a.k.a. the holidays.

This post is not meant to offend anyone in any way as this is 100% my opinion. If you do not like what you are reading, then please kindly stop reading and leave my blog. This blog will be my little corner to talk about my thoughts and feelings. Please be respectful.

Who here is a girl? Who here is a guy? I am a girl and cannot speak for any guys, but this is how I see it. Girls have to spend so much more time than guys getting ready and looking good for their boyfriends, husbands, etc. When on the other hand, guys just throw on some jeans and a sweatshirt and don't get judged or hear rude comments. I'm sure not all guys are like this, but this is the way I see it. For example, high school. During high school, girls feel the need to be pretty and "fit in," so they wear make up and dress in revealing ways. If they are not with the trend or looks as if they did not pay much attention to their looks, then they will immediately be judged by other girls. TBH IT TAKES TIME, to wake up early every morning to fix your outfit, hair, makeup, etc. When the guys wake up 10-15 minutes before school starts and basically wear anything. Girls have to worry about shopping and staying trendy. This wastes lots of time, looking through clothing websites and reading fashion magazines. During this time, the guys are probably studying or reading... DOING SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE. I find it very unfair as all that time wasted by the girls totals up to weeks, months, and even years. When it is time to apply for college, the guys have an even greater advantage as they had more time to look for their passion and get ready while during that time, girls were beautifying themselves. The colleges don't care about the girls' situations in high school. They grade based on numbers. Everyone equally.

Another thing I don't understand...why do only girls tend to dress in revealing clothes? Girls dress in super skinny jeans or short shorts with their butt cheeks hanging out... I mean WHY? Are you trying to impress the guys, your parents, friends? WHYY are you doing that to yourself? It's as if they want guys to look at them. But the funny thing is, when the guys do check them out or stare at their butts, they call them perverts and get all mad. I mean yes, I understand that.. I wouldn't want guys to check me out and stare at my butt... but you were kind of asking for it ya know? I mean you were kinda the one that chose to dress that way. It was 100% under you're control. I find it gross. I'm disgusted by the girls that dress this way, and the guys that like them because of that. I mean don't those girls' parents even care? I wouldn't want my kid to dress for other boys. Ugh..EW..

I have much more to say about this topic, from teen clothing stores to celebrity influences... but I will continue that next time (or else this blogpost will get too long!).

AGAIN...this is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment